Scroll To Top



Animal License

Animal Licensing supports the cost of animal control within the City of Hoyt Lakes. A benefit of having your pet licensed is if a dog or cat is lost & someone finds it, they can call the Animal Control Officer or City Clerk's office, provide the animal's license number, & we can provide the owner's contact information so the pet can be returned.  

The ordinance regulating animal licenses has changed. When applying for an Animal License you now have two options - an annual or lifetime license. An Annual license requires renewal & payment every year. A Lifetime license doesn't require renewal or payment every year & is not transferrable. No refunds will be given for any reason. 

Licenses are available to purchase in person or by mail. Please be sure to provide a copy of the current rabies vaccination certificate, & if appropriate, a veterinary record showing that the pet has been altered (spayed or neutered). Licenses will not be issued without required paperwork. 

By Mail: Complete the Animal License Application & mail to City Hall along with the current rabies vaccination certificate, veterinary record if pet is altered, & payment to:  
                             City of Hoyt Lakes
                      206 Kennedy Memorial Drive
                          Hoyt Lakes, MN 55750

 Pet License Fees:
    Annual Altered          $8.00
    Annual Unaltered     $13.00
    Lifetime Altered        $50.00
    Lifetime Unaltered    $100.00

Misc. Animal Control Fees:
    Barking/Nuisance Fine     $20.00
    Boarding Fee                    $10.00/day
    Disposition Fee - Plus Impoundment Fees   $50.00
    Impoundment Fee            $25.00/day
    Late Fee                           $10.00/license 
    Leash Law Fine                $20.00

Animal Control is on Facebook! Click HERE to see information on animals we are currently housing at our dog pound.

Contact Animal Control Officer Jed Olmstead with animal related issues at (218) 750-1092.

Contact City Hall with questions about animal licenses at (218) 225-2344.



Website by Go Ask Rob, LLC

Return to Home Page Send us an email!